Performance Lab 115 is currently developing a number of educaitonal outreach programs for children and adults.
Summer Movement Intensive, 2009
Are you looking for a dynamic and joyful experience that will take your career to the next level?
Do you have the desire to be more present, spontaneous, alive, and in your body at auditions and on-set?
Join Performance Lab 115 in Los Angeles, CA for a 5 day Movement Intensive that will provide participants with the tools they need to be a dynamic, valuable, and edgy actor in the current LA Market.
- Connect with their body in order to give confident and fresh auditions that pop
- Explode the human body through rigorous structured movement.
- Communicate only with their body through structured physical improvisations, a useful tool in commercial auditions.
- Gain confidence and push past their pre-conceived threshold of physical limitations.
- Integrate dynamic and specific physicality into character development
- Explore characters "from the outside in" as an enhancement or alternative to traditional internal developement
- Harness and use "nervous" energy in order to create dynamic performances in audition settings.
- Discover the joy of full-body character development, and take that joy into their auditions
- Use the Viewpoints to develop spacial awareness on set, and explore gesture, duration, and tempo as powerful tools for creating simple and sophisticated film and commercial work.
Areas of exploration will include Grotowski's Etudes and Plastiques, Meyerhold's Biomechanics, elements of Commedia Dell'Arte, Circus, and The Viewpoints as taught to Shelley and Sara by Anne Bogart and SITI Company member Barney O'Hanlon.
|WHEN:||August 24th - 28th, 12:45-3:45 PM|
|WHERE:||The Raminfard School of Arts
10604 W. Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90064 [ view map ]
Space is limited. Sign up now by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.